Dog Friendly Adventures - Spring Events
Spring is one of the best times of year to visit the Yakima Valley, and your trip gets even better when you can bring your dog along! With over 40 pet friendly wineries to visit in the Yakima Valley, plus a host of restaurants and hotels, there’s no excuse to leave Fido at home! Leash up your best friend and come out for these fun, dog friendly events and experiences this spring!
- PlayTheGap on May 19-21, 2017 is a fun event bringing a "Slice of Americana" to Union Gap. Featuring concerts with great acoustic music, amazing food, free camping, vintage trailers, classic cars and many local vendors, this special weekend is meant for all ages. They will also host contests and workshops featuring a quilt block challenge, pick n' bow contest, Dutch oven cooking, jamming, square (contra) dancing, kid's activities and much more!
- 9K4K9 Fun Run Walk at Franklin Park on May 20, 2017. A fundraising event for the City of Yakima Police Department K-9 Unit, this fun event will feature ice cream and lunch boxes from the Museum Soda Fountain, bouncy houses, food trucks, K9 photos, on-site dog groomers, adoptable pets and much more.
- Dog Days Weekend at Maryhill Winery on May 20-21, 2017. Bring your best four-legged friend to Maryhill and receive a complimentary tasting (just bring your leash!). Throw a Frisbee for Fido and romp and play, then cap off the day with a glass of wine on their beautiful terrace. Help donate food to their pet food drive, which benefits the over 8,000 animals the Humane Society for Southwest Washington cares for each year. Maryhill Winery also has music on their terrace on weekends and is pet friendly year round.
- The Inaugural Naches Run, Walk, Bike & Brewon Saturday, May 20th. Participate in the 5K, enjoy the festival, and try some of the many food vendors! This family, dog and bike friendly event is going to be a guaranteed success!
- Jazz at J.Bell Cellars. Bring your pup and sit outside under the shade of the pear trees and enjoy live jazz and delicious food for purchase, while you enjoy the fine wines of J. Bell. Jazz is on the second and fourth Saturday evening of the month from May thru September.
- Silver Lake Winery’s Trail Days on May 27 – 28, 2017. Offering live music, tasty BBQ and award winning wines on their large grassy lawn with vineyard views, this is the perfect spot to celebrate spring with your favorite pooch!
- Naches Heights Vineyard and Wilridge Vineyards. Featuring concerts on their lawn throughout the summer, these neighboring wineries also offer amazing views, great food and excellent wine! Take advantage of the opportunity to hike through the vineyards to the Cowiche Canyon Trials anytime you visit. Your dog will love it!