Dog-Friendly Adventures - Concerts & Festivals
The Yakima Valley truly comes alive in the summer! There are tons of pet-friendly concerts and festivals happening every week in the summer, so be sure to head out to Yakima’s local parks and downtown to catch them all! Here are a few of the summer concerts and other fun and interesting events going on this summer:
- Check out the Chalet Mall Art Fest on June 10 from 9am-5pm. Featuring local artists, live music and vendors gathering outside, so bring the pooch and come see some amazing artwork!
- Beginning in June and running through August, the Yakima Downtown Summer Nights concert series kicks off every Thursday night. There is an awesome beer garden and plenty of vendors, so bring a lawn chair and your pup and come enjoy the music!
- There’s nothing better than a movie in the park! The Summer Cinema Series begins in July and happens every Sunday for six weeks in Chesterley Park. It’s a great way to get the whole family (and the dog) out of the house!
- The annual Yakima Folklife Festival kicks off July 7th, 8th, and 9th! This local favorite features three days of bluegrass, folk and Americana music, plus a beer garden, food vendors and local craftsman.
- Every Friday in July and August you can attend the free Outdoor Summer Sunset Concerts in Franklin Park. Bring a lawn chair, your picnic basket and Fido, and enjoy the live music! And you can always pick up something yummy from the Museum Soda Fountain!
- Enjoy seven fun-filled evenings of the best local Latino music at the Viva la Musica Concert Series, Sunday evenings at Miller Park starting in mid-July. Don’t forget to bring your pooch along!
There are lots more pet-friendly events coming this summer, so check out our Events Page and stay in-the-know!