ARRGGHH!!! It's time for Pirate Plunder!!
WHAT IS THE PIRATE PLUNDER RACE?
The Pirate Plunder Adventure Race is a 5k obstacle course that combines 16 obstacles and ever-changing terrain. Climb over walls up to 14-feet high, crawl through a 100-foot long mud pit, slide down a 30-foot waterslide, and face many other challenges all while running through a blend of fields, tires, and sloppy mud! This may sound hard, but don’t let the description discourage you; walk the course if you’re tired of running, skip an obstacle if it looks too intimidating. The course is all about having fun with friends, and it gives you a unique opportunity to test your strength, your stamina, and your love of mud! Once you finish, you’ll be greeted with a cold beverage, live music and great food!
The 2015 race day will be Saturday, October 3rd at "Pirate’s Landing," located in Yakima, WA, at the corner of Highway 24 and South 24th Street.
So come let your inner pirate out this weekend!
PIRATE PLUNDER F.A.Q.
Will the race be difficult?
- The course is designed to be hard but not impossible. We encourage each of the runners to help each other, (another reason the race is not timed). We want all runners to have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment when they finish.
What is the length of the course?
- Slightly over three miles (5 km), with 16 obstacles throughout the course.
Is the race timed?
- There will be a running clock during the race, but this race is meant to test your strength and stamina. There are no winners or losers. This means you can walk, run, or swagger. If you don’t feel you are ready for a particular obstacle, you can go around it. *See CrossFit Reformation Elite Wave for new timed details.
What if I can’t complete an obstacle?
- If there is an obstacle that’s too much for you, go around. No shame there. Personal safety is the most important thing.
Can I wear a costume?
- Absolutely! We encourage all participants to wear costumes, the crazier the better. Make sure that your attire will not harm the other participants. Remember there is no nudity allowed. PLEASE no nudity!
Can I bring friends and family to watch?
- Yes! The course is spectator friendly. There will be a general area for finish line viewing and obstacle viewing.
What do I need at the race?
- Photo I.D.
- Appropriate footwear is highly recommended
- Change of clothes for after the race - you will get dirty and wet!! And probably a dry towel!
- Gloves may come in handy for the rope and wood obstacles, but are not required.
- Spending money for extra beer, food, and Pirate Plunder Gear.
What do I get as a race participant?
- Pirate Plunder Race T-shirt
- Custom Pirate Plunder Race Medal
- Live music
- Post-race: free beverage ticket (One free Powerade, soda, or beer (21+))
- Pirate Plunder Race Bib (with safety pins)
- Unlimited digital rights to all images provided from the event day.
Do I have to register online?
- Yes, all registration must be completed online.
When does the event start?
- The first untimed wave begins at 11:00am and continues every 20 minutes. Last wave starts at 3:00pm. Please show up at least 1 hour before your assigned wave time. Your wave time will be determined during the registration process.
CrossFit Reformation Elite Wave (10-11am)
- This will be a chip timed wave of a max of 200 runners. Groups of 20-25 will be released every 5 min to help spread out the runners. All Elite runners will need to be ready to race by 10 am – bibs and chip timers in place. Elite times will be tallied and the top 3 male and top 3 female runners will each receive awards. The Elite Division will include at least 3 Elite Diversions and a couple Elite options of the existing obstacles. Regular untimed waves will begin at 11:00 a.m.
When and where is the Packet Pickup?
- Packet pick up will be held Friday evening October 2nd from 4:30-6:30pm at the Yakima Convention Center. On-site packet pickup will also be available on race day. Gates open at 9:00 a.m. Sponsored by Anytime Fitness.
What if there is inclement weather?
- Inclement weather makes it more fun! Rain or shine we will still race. Pirate Plunder Adventure Race reserves the right to cancel or delay the event if runner, spectator, or staff safety is compromised. There will be no refunds.
For other frequently asked questions and to get registered, click here. Looking forward to see you out there, matey!