Downtown Yakima Summer Music Schedule
In the summertime when the weather is fine, come to Downtown Yakima for a dose of “Vitamin M”; live music, that is! Whether you’re in town for the wine tasting, an outdoor adventure or one of the many festivals, make sure and take time to see one of the talented live musical acts that frequent the valley!
GET THE MONTH STARTED RIGHT!
On the First Friday of every month, many of our downtown wineries and restaurants open their doors for live music! There are concerts at Kana Winery, Antolin Cellars, Gilbert Cellars, Essencia Bakery and several other downtown venues. You never know who’s going to be there, so make sure and check them all out!
LIVE MUSIC FOR LUNCH!
Kick start every weekend with the free Lunchtime Live Music Series, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm at the 2nd Street Performance Park, in Downtown Yakima. This is a series of six concerts with food trucks offering delicious luncheon choices. Make sure and bring your own chair or blanket!
- May 6, 2016: Singer-songwriter Jacob Navarro will perform and food vendor: Flying Pig BBQ will be tempting your taste buds.
- May 13, 2016: Local band Shoot Jake with food provided by Hop Town Wood Fired Pizza & Catering.
- May 20, 2016: Boise-based Hillfolk Noir will introduce its unique “Junkerdash” sound with food courtesy of Crafted Gastropub.
- May 27, 2016: Seattle-based folk band Ruler with food vendor Flying Pig BBQ.
- June 3, 2016: Hilldogs, a folk-rock band from Portland with food by Hop Town Wood Fired Pizza & Catering.
- June 10, 2016: Audre Belt, an award-winning country, blues, and bluegrass singer from Ellensburg with food from Crafted Gastropub.
DOWNTOWN YAKIMA FESTIVALS
There is a lot going on in Downtown Yakima! Between all the music, food and cultural festivals, it makes for a busy summer!
- May 7 & 8, 2016: Cinco De Mayo; Celebrating Latino culture and heritage. Enjoy live entertainment with dancing horses, carnivals, a car show and unforgettable authentic Mexican food on Yakima Avenue.
- May 14, 2016: Roots & Vines Festival; 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Tickets $14 online or $17 at the door. Front Street in Downtown Yakima. Featuring two stages packed with high-quality, non-stop music. Local craft beverage makers; Bale Breaker Brewing Company, Hop Nation Brewing Company, Yakima Craft Brewing Company, Berchmans Brewing Company, Tieton Cider Works, Naches Heights Vineyard, Gilbert Cellars, Antolin Cellars, Lookout Point Winery, Kana Winery, Wilridge Winery, Swede Hill Distilling, and Glacier Basin Distillery will be serving their brews, and food will be provided by several local restaurants. The first 1,500 attendees also receive a commemorative beverage glass!
- June 4, 2016: Rock the Gap; A special event that benefits the Yakima Greenway Foundation and sponsored by the Kiwanis. Featuring a VIP dinner, silent auction and dessert auction, and a live open-air concert with music by The Shreds!
- June 25, 2016: Yakima Uncorked; 5:00 pm -10:00 pm. Downtown Yakima in front of Capitol Theatre on 3rd Highlights premium Northwest wines, the exquisite food grown in our valley. Live Music by World Tour Legends of Rock. Local arts and craft vendors. General Admission- $15 (entrance only) Premium Admission- $25 (*includes commemorative wine or beer glass and scripts for sampling)
- July 8-10, 2016: 34th Annual Yakima Folklife Festival; This free festival is held at the Yakima Valley Museum and Franklin Park during the day, as well as locations throughout downtown Yakima such as the Yakima Sports Center, Gilbert Cellars Winery, Kana Winery, on Front Street on the steps of the Historic Depot Building near Russillos Pizza, Hop Nation Brewery and more on Friday and Saturday night from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
- August 20, 2016: Save the date for a Case of the Blues REboot. 5pm -10pm. Located at Sarg Hubbard Park in the Yakima Greenway close to Downtown Yakima. Featuring numerous breweries, wineries, distilleries, and food vendors.
- October 1, 2016: 14th Annual Fresh Hop Ale Festival; 5pm - 10 pm - One of the top ten beer festivals in the nation! The Fresh Hop Ale Festival is the original fresh hop beer festival, and features beers that have gone from the bine to the glass in under 24 hours! Over 40 breweries and wineries, plus cider, a cigar tent, live music, collectible pint glass, and special beers on the Beer Bike! $35/Ticket, $65/VIP Ticket, $850/VIP Table.
ROCK THE NIGHT AWAY IN DOWNTOWN!
Downtown Summer Nights will be held on Front Street this year! These are free Thursday night concerts from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. These great shows are a mini-music festival, with a wine and beer garden, kid’s activities and food for purchase!
- June 16, 2016: 6:00 pm. The Common Deer; Folk, blues, and Americana / 7:30 pm. Vaudeville Etiquette; Folk, Soul, Country, and Psych Rock.
- June 23, 2016: 6:00 pm. Sophia Tilley; 18 year old singer-songwriter from Yakima / 7:30 pm. Olson Bros Band; Brothers Isaac and Luke Olson on guitar, Milo Mullins on bass, Seth Bowman on the drums and Reece Wonio on the Banjo.
- June 30, 2016: 6:00 pm. Indigo Kidd; Perfect amount of bitter angst and free spirited sweetness that make for a great party. / 7:30 pm. Blake Noble; Australian Composer, Guitarist and Didgeridoo player.
- July 7, 2016: 6:00 pm. Internationally-acclaimed songwriters Dave McGraw and Mandy Fer’s latest album, Maritime, captures a moment in time and place from their seaside home. / 7:30 pm. Seattle’s Polyrhythmics; Redefining the term “funk” for 21st century audiences.
- July 14, 2016: 6:00 pm. Slings & Arrows; Nashville-based blends elements of Rock n’ Roll, Country, and Blues Western with his native Pacific Northwest Rock. / 7:30 pm. Robby Waldren; blending Texas Red Dirt and Spaghetti Western with his native Pacific Northwest Rock and Country sounds.
- July 21, 2016: 6:00 pm. Courtney Biggs: From Coeur d’Alene, Idaho / 7:30 pm. Tim “Too Slim” Langford & the Taildraggers; Hard-driving blues tunes to slow and melodic tunes.
- July 28, 2016: 6:00 pm. The Crow and the Canyon; Contemporary American roots music, with the indie-folk. / 7:30 pm. Polecat; Bluegrass, country, Celtic, rock, reggae, and world music.
- August 4, 2016: 6:00 pm. Camille Bloom; Percussive guitar and a voice that can “purr and wail.” / 7:30 pm. Snug Harbor. A tight set of modern funk.
- August 11, 2016: 6:00 pm. Yakima Latin rock band. / 7:30 pm. Rafael Tranquilino; Fuse rock, blues and funk with an alternative and fresh sound.
- August 18, 2016: 6:00 pm. Redwood Son; Country and Americana with open-hearted, soulful, and captivating tales of triumph and trial. / 7:30 pm Zach Hinson; Crisp guitar stylings and rich country voice.
And there are plenty more options in Downtown Yakima for live music, so be sure to check the event listings on the websites of The Seasons Performance Hall, the Capitol Theatre and the 4th Street Theatre. For a listing of all Live Music in the Yakima Valley, head over to YakimaValleyLive.com. There is always something to do in Downtown Yakima and music is a big part of it!