What happens during Spring Barrel Tasting weekend?
Inquiring minds want to know, what happens during Spring Barrel Weekend? Lots of tasting of new wines right from the barrel, discounts on wine, wine paired with small bites, opportunities to hear from the winemakers.
Live music at wineries in the afternoon and evening, gourmet foods to purchase for a picnic on winery grounds, photo booth, bocce ball, lawn games and…sunshine at 75 degrees.
Listed below are the prime places to purchase food, listen to live music and other happenings at the wineries this weekend. Here are helpful Tips for Spring Barrel Tasting.
This is Spring Barrel in the Yakima Valley!
Downtown Yakima - Food for Purchase
- Kana Winery: Pasta Pronto favorites.
- Lookout Point Winery: Owner and pastry Chef Ivone knows what she likes. Recently back from a trip to Vienna and Budapest, she will be taking culinary ideas from her trip and pairing them with our wines, both appetizers and pastry tastings.
- Naches Heights Winery & Wilridge Winery & Vineyard: Yes 2 wineries at one location! Fantastic food from Jessica Smith of Sensual Fork.
Downtown Yakima "After Hours"- Evening Bites.
- AntoLin Cellars: Friday 5 p.m. -7 p.m. Saturday 5 p.m. -7 p.m. Winey Dogs - Gourmet Hot Dogs infused with wine! Yum!
- Gilbert Cellars: Friday & Saturday after 4 p.m. New fresh menu wines by glass & bottle
- Tieton Cider Works: Saturday 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Flyin’ Pig BBQ
Live Music – Yakima/Naches Heights
- Naches Heights Winery & Wilridge Winery & Vineyard: Yes 2 wineries at one location! Live music Saturday 1-3p m. 2 bands-These Guitars Say Sorry & Moonlight Gypsies. Sunday1-3 p.m. Jez Slowe & Navid Elliot
Downtown Yakima "After Hours" Evening- Live Music
- Kana Winery: Friday, Saturday 7 m. -10 p.m.: Live music
- AntoLin Cellars: Friday night 7 p.m.: "The Common Deer." Saturday night: 7 p.m.: "The WICKS and Nick Foster."
- Gilbert Cellars: Friday night: Uphill Both Ways. No cover. Tasting Room Downtown
- Tieton Cider Works: Saturday 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Sounds of Wayman Chapman
Rattlesnake Hills, Zillah Live Music
- Horizon’s Edge Winery: Saturday 1-5m.; The “OUTSIDERS”
- Hyatt Vineyards: Saturday & Sunday 12-5 Teetering Towards Yesterday
- J Bell Cellars & Lavender: Saturday 1-4 p.m. Live music.
- Silver Lake Winery: Saturday 1-5 p.m.; The Village. Sunday 1-5 p.m.; Landon, from The Village
- Two Mountain Winery: Saturday 2-5 p.m. JP & Tony Woods out of Tri Cities playing covers of Latin & Adult Contemporary.
I-82 East, Wapato, Zillah - Food for purchase
- Treveri Sparkling Wine House: Saturday 10-6 p.m. Sunday 10-5 p.m. Our Kitchen with Derrick! Both days Derrick offers- Fabulous and famous FRESH YAKIMA VALLEY ASPARAGUS- either grilled or deep fried, Won Ton Taco’s with either Ahi Tuna or Asian BBQ Pork, Tomato Basil Bushcettas for the non-meat eaters, 100% Angus Beef Burgers and fixins AND Fresh Sliced Onion rings in Derrick’s Amber Ale Beer Tempura batter!
- Cultura Wine: Saturday 12-5 p.m. Sunday 12-5 p.m. Guerra’s Gourmet “wine valley” gourmet hot dog lunches.
- Dineen Family Vineyards: Wood fired pizza. Chef Chris Guerra from Guerra's Gourmet delicious pizza using fresh local ingredients.
- Hyatt Vineyards: Saturday & Sunday 10 -5 Hop Town Wood Fired Pizza, Sweetie Pie Baby Cakes, Ron's Kettle Korn
- J Bell Cellars & Lavender: Flying Pig BBQ Barrel weekend April 24-26, 12-5 p.m.
- Severino Cellars: The Squeeze Inn will be back to supply lunch on their beautiful grounds.
- Silver Lake Winery: 3 Local food vendors – Bastinelli Sauces, Kim’s Got Smoke, and Out of the Oven Cupcakes.
- Tanjuli Winery: Saturday 11-5 p.m. Sunday 11-5 p.m. Small plates from El Buen Gusto - Tacos de carne asada, Tostadas de ceviche and Tostadas de frijoles
- Two Mountain Winery: Saturday 11-6 p.m. Sunday 11-6 p.m. Authentic street tacos from their famous Taco Truck.
Sunnyside/Grandview/ Prosser Wineries - Food for Purchase
- 14 Hands Winery: Small bites and wines by the glass available for purchase.
- Airfield Estates Winery: Lucy’s Lunch Box on site - delicious burgers, ciabatta sandwich and more. Enjoy lunch with a glass of wine or a beer at our new Wine & Beer Garden.
- Kestrel Vintners: Saturday 10 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday 10 p.m.-5 p.m. Box lunches, cheese and meat plates to go.
- Milbrandt Vineyards: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. - Flights and Bites. 4 wines to taste and 4 small bites of food to pair with each wine. Tastings range from $8-$12.
Live Music Prosser, WA Exit 80, 82 off I-82
- 14 Hands Winery: Saturday 11:30 -4:30 p.m. Sammy Eubanks in the courtyard.
Prosser "After Hours" Evening Live Music
- Airfield Estates Winery: Friday Night: Ben Macy Trio. Wine & beer by the glass/bottle until 9m.
- Walter Clore Center: Saturday 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. $10 cover. UnWined Music, wine, food, Garcia’s Tex Mex available for purchase. Register online for quicker check in, or pay at the door.
Benton City, Red Mountain, Exit 96 I-82 – Food for purchase
- Tucannon Cellars: Hoagie Smokes BBQ all weekend long! They will be serving their award winning, and mouthwatering, barbecue all spring.
OTHER HAPPENINGS at the wineries
- Naches Heights Winery& Wilridge Winery & Vineyard: Take a walk through the vineyards to the Cowiche Canyon Trail
- Tanjuli Winery: Tom Campbell,35 year veteran winemaker, will be available to answer your winemaking questions
- Silver Lake Winery: Photo booth so you can take home a memory, local vendors for your shopping needs..!
- Two Mountain Winery: Lawn games capable of being played with glass in hand.
- Wineglass Cellars: Wood artisan Marx Menzel will be here with an array of his unique hand-crafted pieces. He will also answer any of your questions about wood crafting.
- Yakima Valley Vintners: Student winemakers will be providing complimentary facility tours with educational stations featuring food and wine pairings, aeration of wines, and a barrel tasting.
- Milbrandt Vineyards: Booming Barrel Saturday 9a.m. - 11a.m. - Biggest wine sale of the year, up to 50% off!
- Tapteil Vineyard:Enjoy sampling gourmet, imported olive oils, balsamic vinegars and salts
- Sleeping Dog Wines: Although we have no barrels, take home a bag of Oak chips (a lot easier to get in the car) in exchange for a donation to POPP. Cured sausage from Windy River Meats
- Pontin Del Roza Winery: Get your game on at the Bocce Ball Court!